New! Position Available – Senior Landscape Architect / Group Manager
HELIX Environmental Planning (HELIX) is seeking a full-time Senior Landscape Architect/Group Manager to lead the 4-person Landscape Architecture Group in our San Diego County (La Mesa) office. This position reports to the Planning Division Manager. HELIX is a growing 120-person consulting firm with offices in San Diego, Orange, Riverside, and Sacramento counties, providing environmental compliance, landscape design and habitat restoration services.
HELIX’s Landscape Architecture Group provides a wide range of design and planning services for both private and agency clients with an emphasis on native habitat restoration and sustainable design/low-impact development. The HELIX Landscape Architecture Group also prepares construction document packages for a variety of projects, including streetscapes, transportation facilities, public facilities sites, parks, trails and interpretive centers. In addition, the group prepares visual impact assessments, visual simulations and 3D modeling of proposed development.
This position requires strong skills in personnel management, business development and project management. The candidate will lead the group in developing and expanding our design services to other markets and clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture, or equivalent
- California Licensed Landscape Architect
- 10+ years professional experience in Landscape Architecture, including at least 5 years as a consultant and 2 years of habitat restoration design experience, in addition to other traditional or sustainable design experience
- Demonstrated ability and desire to engage and retain clients
- Proficiency in the management of small to large projects, including client relations, collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams, budget/schedule management and quality control, including landscape architecture experience within southern California
- Ability to develop design ideas and solutions from concept through construction
- Proven capabilities in the management of successful, competitive proposal and interview efforts
- Technical knowledge and ability to produce construction documents, including: construction, grading and drainage, planting and irrigation plans, as well as details and specifications for large to small projects for public and private clients.
- Strong capabilities and experience with client and public presentations
- Knowledge of low impact design and California native plant material
- Team player with strong interpersonal, management, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage and mentor team members
- Excellent hand and computer graphics skills
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe Creative Suite
Additional skills/accomplishments considered a plus
- Masters degree in landscape architecture, urban planning or a related field
- Landscape architecture experience and client base in San Diego County
- Experience with landscape design for public infrastructure projects such as roads, highways, water/wastewater treatment plants and reservoirs, transit facilities, and/or trails
- Experience preparing construction documents and specifications for Caltrans
- Experience in developing visual simulations and visualization with the use of 3D modeling software such as Google SketchUp and Photoshop
- Visual impact assessment experience, especially pursuant to FHWA or BLM requirements
- Proficiency in MicroStation Version 8
- Landscape architecture experience in central or northern California
- LEED accreditation
HELIX is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons to apply.
Candidates must apply online through CareerBuilder.com or via the link below:
New! Experienced Landscape Designer
SWA’s Laguna Beach Studio is looking for an experienced Landscape Designer.
Candidates must have AutoCAD and graphic design skills highlighting CD documents, construction details, and photos of built work.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in a landscape architecture firm in the United States.
A degree in Landscape Architecture.
Strong design skills.
Proficiency with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office with additional experience in Rhino, Lumion, Sketch-Up.
Demonstrated ability in Site Planning and Design, Design Details, Construction Documents and Specifications.
Project management/project coordination experience.
Strong communication skills.
Effective time management skills with attention to detail.
Competitive salary with excellent benefits including Employee Stock Ownership Program, Profit Sharing, 401K, Health Insurance.
SWA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Send Resume and Portfolio (no larger than 8MB) to Dawn Perkins @ //email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference Job posting “#201510220” in the email subject line - No phone calls please.
New! Landscape Architect Marketing Coordinator – Laguna Beach
The Laguna Beach office of SWA is seeking a creative marketing and business development professional with an interest or connection to landscape architecture, urban design or land planning. A qualified candidate will be expected to coordinate Laguna's efforts identifying and pursuing business development opportunities, responding to RFQ’s/RFP’s, marketing Laguna's capabilities, and help the principals maintain and enhance their position as design leaders through publication, advertising, public appearances, and outreach to others in the field.
- Identify potential leads, includes monitoring websites for project solicitations.
- Review elements of a potential project submittal and assist in deciding which to pursue.
- Write and prepare qualification packages and proposals in response to RFQ submittals.
- Write scope and fee proposals in response to RFP submittals.
- Attend pre-proposal meetings for RFQs and RFPs.
- Attend local events and conferences (i.e. ASLA, ULI, and related marketing/business development activities).
- Maintain and expand our sub-consultant teaming potential.
- Support regional, national, and international opportunities for growth.
- Maintain and submit monthly marketing reports to Laguna Principals and Corporate office.
- Create and update marketing materials such as project tearsheets, resumes, and awards lists.
- Edit and layout graphics for presentations, submittals, or project brochures.
- Assisting in coordinating conference activities and award submissions.
- Assist Principals in publications, appearances, and outreach efforts to others in the design field.
- Administrative work including maintaining contact leads, database, and marketing materials.
- Coordinate with SWA marketing professionals firm-wide.
College degree required. Preferred applicants would have a keen interest in design, landscape architecture, planning, or urban design; and possess a proven ability to meet a multitude of demands in a challenging office environment. We are looking for a resourceful self-starter, a quick learner seeking the opportunity to grow professionally in this role. The idea candidate will have at least four years of relevant work experience with ability to work independently, handle a fast-paced work environment and be able to manage/communicate with colleagues and senior management in a professional manner.
- Strong writing, editing and communications skills.
- Hands-on graphic design, visual communications and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- General familiarity with the practices of an international design firm.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator; Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio as a single PDF to Dawn Perkins at mailto:email@example.com with available start date. Please reference ID#20151021 in the subject line of your email. No Phone Calls Please.
SWA offers a competitive benefit package including health, dental, life, long-term disability, 401k, profit sharing, and performance based bonus. SWA is an equal opportunity employer.
New! Landscape Architect/Project Manager (Santa Barbara)
CJM::LA is a Landscape Architecture Studio in Santa Barbara is seeking a highly skilled, motivated and creative project manager to join our team in downtown Santa Barbara. Candidates must have a minimum 5 years experience at a landscape architecture office, a degree in landscape architecture, and the following skills:- Proficient in AutoCAD 2009 or higher. Current experience working on construction drawings in CAD with knowledge of key commands is required.
- Experience with project management and execution of production drawings.
- Excellent writing, communication and consultant/client relation skills.
- Experience executing construction drawings including construction layout plans, construction details and planting plans. Knowledge of construction methods and materials.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Proficient with Windows operating systems and PC-based work.
- Specific attention to detail and ability to prepare clear, concise graphics is required.
- Knowledge of local plant palettes.
- Experience with plan check procedures and project permitting.
- Experience with large-scale residential, commercial, hospitality and/or private residential projects.
- Organized and creative, with strong design skills and intuition.
- Comfortable collaborating or worki